Aug 5, 2008

bull in a china shop

Yep, I'm going to China. Ordinarily I dislike posting personal feeling things in an outright and explicit manner on this here blog, but after a friend suggested it I realized that this just may be among the only unfiltered perspectives on the Olypmics in Beijing.

Beijing which is open.

So open they're holding our equipment at customs. Here's hoping that the Chinese officials have the courtesy to pass our meager shipment of one sound board, three microphones, a computer and several miscellaneous items pass through in their recent affliction of (dare I steal a communist phrase) glasnost.

Several friends came over this evening for an evening of socializing, replete with Hold 'Em. Elijah was kind enough to give me a pictorial history of Dylan.

I've stuffed my bag with 48 Nature Valley granola bars-- as much as I'd like to turn this venture into an opportunity for a no-calorie diet, the rumored menu of octopi and other sundry seafoods would quickly become a negative calorie diet. So just to be safe I've three weeks worth of American safety net.

In about three hours I'll be leaving my new home in Fullerton for the great expanse of Eastern Asia that is China. I still haven't determined how long my flight will endure, due to time zone complications, but it'll be long.

And here's hoping there isn't any stress among the leadership on our team of two.

No comments: