Dec 24, 2007

Movement I from the poem "10.4.05"

I. The Impenetrable Veil

What is behind those eyes?
What is behind those eyes is veiled by dark velour curtains coated with a shimmer of dew.
What is behind those eyes is at least as impenetrable as the stars and surely far more luminous.
What is behind those eyes is a mystery.

Where does mystery lead me?
Mystery bids me explore.
Mystery causes me to move.
Mystery steals my rest.
Mystery drives me ever onward and forward.
K paccbety

her face is the harmony that had ever eluded the symphony;
her voice the melody that moves the mind beyond the realm of eternity.

Will the dawn’s light ever smile upon me?
Will I be allowed a moment in the presence of this musical enigma?
Will this mystery ever allow itself to be discovered?


10.4.05

No comments: